Okay, well, I’m a firm believer in embracing my flaws. This is who I am, I say. Take it or leave it. I’m a realist and reality is in order to fully accept myself I need to accept that I’m not perfect. Nobody is perfect.
I think most of us can relate. I would think my imperfections are fairly common. I won’t be a bore with the entire 50,000+word list. I’ll simply highlight the top ten things I suck at and I’ll countdown backwards for effect.
10. Refraining from the use of profane language. I struggle with this one. I try not to swear but I fuck up all the time.
9. Being personable IRL i.e., Why are you talking to me? I just want to pay for my asparagus and leave.
8. Having patience for technology. My first go to when I’m frustrated is threatening to run whatever over with my truck.
7. Sleeping. yawn.
6. Not panicking in public places. I have resolved this imperfection by avoiding public places.
5. Leaving the library on time. This is a tough one. It makes me late for other shit. It’s like, time stands still in the library. I’m convinced it’s some sort of matrix where each minute actually equates to an hour in the not matrix world.
4. Following through with domesticated tasks. Okay, I get it but still. I just don’t think domesticated is in my DNA makeup. I’ve tried. I’ve even faked it but it was so obvious it’s not natural for me.
3. Refraining from road rage. This one is totally not my fault. That motherfucker cut me off, or you’d think that tractor would have pulled off to the side of the road and let us all pass, or you have a turning signal asshole. Use it.
2. Time management but I fully intend to debate this one. Why do I need to manage my time? Shit is getting done, right? I’ve never forgotten to pick up my children from school and I always know what day it is. Goals, I have goals therefore time management feels so unnecessary. Society has us brainwashed that we need to manage our time so we can be more productive. Like, why do we need to be productive? Take time to enjoy life, for real though. I’m not falling for that bullshit.
- Writing listicles.
→ Feel free to share something you suck at in the comments below.
Thanks for reading!